Pre-Registration is now closed for Aviation Day 2017.
The Registration Process for Aviation Day 2017
There will be 1000 youth attending the FREE Alaska Airlines Aviation Day this year. Registration for Alaska Airlines Aviation Day will be conducted through one of the organizations below. All students MUST be chaperoned. If you are a member of one of these groups please contact them to reserve your place at Alaska Airlines Aviation Day!
- AAG Youth Groups
- Air Force Jr. ROTC
- Auburn School District
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Puget Sound
- Boeing Youth Group
- Boys and Girls Clubs- King County
- Boys and Girls Clubs- Skagit County
- Boys and Girls Clubs- Snohomish County
- Boys and Girls Clubs- Whatcom County
- Boy Scouts- Chief Seattle Council
- Boy Scouts- Mt. Baker Council
- Boy Scouts- Pacific Harbors Council
- Boy Scout- Other Councils
- Bricks and Beyond
- Central Kitsap School District
- Civil Air Patrol
- Community for Youth
- Discover U
- Eagles Aviation Camp-Native American Youth
- Enumclaw Robotics Club
- Enumclaw Schools Foundation
- Federal Way Public Academy
- Future of Flight Foundation
- Girl Scouts of Western Washington
- Girl Scout- Other Councils
- Highline School District
- iUrban Teen Aviation Tech
- Jane Adams Middle School-Science Club
- Lincoln High School STEM Club
- Making Connections
- Michael P. Anderson Foundation
- Matt Griffin YMCA-9thgrade youth program
- Mount Vernon School District’s Highly Capable Kids (Ms. Laura Schonberg’s classes)
- Ninety-Nines Youth Group
- North Middle School’s STEM Classes (Mr. Wilmott)
- Pacific West Aerospace Academy/Tuskegee Airmen
- Port of Seattle Youth Group
- Puyallup School District
- Raisbeck Aviation High School-ACE Club
- Red Tailed Hawks-Black Pilots of America
- Renton School District
- School’s Out Washington
- SEATAC United*
- Seattle Girls School
- Seattle Housing Authority K-12 Team
- State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, Career & Technical Education
- STEM Pals
- Summer Learning of Tacoma/Pierce Country
- The Seattle Foundation
- TAF Academy
- TAG Northwest
- Technology Access Foundation
- TechBridge- Girls STEM Club in Highline
- TeenFlight Puyallup
- Tahoma High School
- Upward Bound
- Washington Aerospace Scholars
- Washington First Robotics Club
- Washington STEM*
- Washington State STEM Education Foundation
- White River High School –STEM
- Women in Aviation International Youth Group
- Young Amelias- Museum of Flight
- OTHER (create and register your own group)
If not affiliated with any of these groups, An adult leader can register their own unique group through this website.
This program is not an open house or airshow. All students and adults who wish to attend must pre register with your sponsored youth group. Restrictions on the number of adults attending with a group do exist. Talk to your sponsored youth group for registration.
Make sure to note your Troop, School, or organization information at the appropriate point in the registration process. Participants will be grouped by this entry.
How to Register:
Registration is a two part process.
- THIS IS THE FIRST PART. Adult group leaders, Click the “Pre-Register Now” button.
- This will open a GoogleDocs page that will generate a Pre-Registration Invitation REQUEST (the event is NOT an open house but by invitation only).
- Select the appropriate answer about the nature of your group.
- Enter all of the requested information about YOUR group and ensure YOUR personal contact information is correct (not your students/attendees).
- THIS IS THE SECOND PART. Watch your inbox over the next few days for your unique Alaska Airlines Aviation Day Registration Link (which can be used ONLY by you and is not forwardable/transferable).
- Once you receive your Registration Link, as the Leader you will need to register yourself first. (Be sure to make note of your Confirmation Number!).
- Then, add all of your youth and chaperone information (only 50 names can be added per link, but the number of links you’ll be given is unlimited!). PLEASE ensure that each attendee’s contact information is accurate.
- You can add, delete and modify any of the participants in your group using your unique confirmation number until registration closes on May 11th. Please adhere to the 10:1 youth/chaperone ratio – this event is for the kids!
- If you have questions or concerns please contact us via email.
Please read carefully
When you receive your group’s unique registration link:
- Emergency contact information is required for each student. Please use a phone number that will be active and in use the day of the event.
- Permission Slip: A permission slip will be sent to each student and chaperone prior to Aviation Day. This is your ONLY access to Aviation Day. Please print this form out, have a parent or guardian sign the document and bring one for each student who attends. Keep a copy for your Parent or Guardian to refer to. It contains a brief description of the event, permission to use any photos taken that day, and what your parent or guardian can expect to occur regarding food, start and end times, and pickup and drop-off points.
- Email and Phone Contact: This may be different than the emergency contact information and that will be fine. Please use an active email and phone number so that we can make personal contact with you regarding the registration process if need be. We will send all conformations via email. A permission slip will be sent to each student and chaperone prior to Aviation Day. This is your ONLY access to Aviation Day.
ALL ADULTS who wish to attend the event must register as chaperones. IF YOU DO NOT REGISTER WE CANNOT ADMIT YOU TO THE EVENT for security and youth protection.
Adult chaperones do not count toward our maximum capacity of participants. We do need to limit chaperones attending as large numbers impact transportation and overwhelm the classrooms during the event. An Adult reception area will be available in the registration building at the parking lot for drives and adults not registered as a chaperone. Alaska Airlines requests that a maximum of 2 adults per organization (for example: troop, school, or CAP squadron) register as chaperones. We require a minimum ratio of 10 students for every one chaperone. We realize that individual organizations have different chaperone requirements. Please let us know what they are at the time of registration.
We are creating a stand-by list for last minute openings. We apologize if we do not have enough slots, but space is limited to this FREE event.