Girl Scout Aviation Academy
7:30 am Check-in
- Check-in at Flight Operations parking lot- 7:30am
- Special “Aviation Academy” presentation at Alaska Flight Operations- 8:00am
- After class, begin your Aviation Day Adventure.
- Be sure to check-out to receive your special prize in the large tent in the Flight Operations parking lot.
Girl Scout Attendees
All requirements for the Girl Scouts of Western Washington Sky Badge and Aviation Patch may be accomplished during this one day program. See your troop leader or contact the Girl Scouts of Western Washington for details. Remember it is YOUR responsibility to plan your time for the required classroom activities and the limited 737 simulator time slots.
A light lunch will be provided. Snacks will be offered as well. If you have special food requirements please plan to bring your own lunch that meets those requirements.
The activities and lectures for the day will be at the Alaska Airlines Flight Operations Training Center and the Alaska Airlines Hangar. The participants will be transported to the various event locations by buses.
Classroom sessions are taught at the high school level. Special sessions can be arranged for learning disabled student groups. for additional information.
Alaska Airlines Aviation Day is structured more like a career/education fair with an open format. The Scout participants will be free to choose the activities and lectures they want to attend throughout the day. There will be an “Activities Passport” issued at check-in and we strongly encourage each Scout to complete each item listed. Visit all the events/booths to get each item checked off by the volunteer counselors. As a Girl Scout, when your passport is completed you’ll exchange it for a special prize and earn your Sky Badge (for Seniors) and Aviation Patch (for Cadets and Seniors).
The Girl Scouts will start the day with the 2-hour “Aviation Academy,” a vital requirement of their Sky Badge. The program is in a classroom setting that includes the following:
- Aviation Academy
- Science of Aviation
- Basic Aerodynamics & Fundamentals of Flight
- Careers in Aerospace/Engineering/Aviation
- Basic Aviation Weather
- Analysis of the Northern Lights
Scouts who participate in Aviation Day and complete their Activities Passport will cover the requirements for the Sky Badge and Aviation Patch.
At the end of the day be sure to check out at the large tent in the Flight Operations parking lot to receive your special prize.
- Alaska Airlines Aviation Day is a FREE event
- All students are required to be chaperoned
- All students and chaperones MUST be registered
- Minimum age to attend is 13 years old, maximum age is 18
- EACH PARTICIPANT must bring a PRINTED, SIGNED permission slip and confirmation email to the event.
|Chaperone Permission and Release Slip
|Aviation Careers Information Sheet